About e-wallet Neteller
Neteller electronic wallet appeared in 1999 and is registered in England. The owner is Paysafe Financial Services Limited. In 2015, the payment service joined another well-known system Skrill . He works in almost all countries of the world, including the European, Ukraine, Belarus and others. For this reason, the Neteller website is available in different languages - European, English, German, etc.
The popular payment service provides services to individuals and legal entities. If you do an internet business, do business with other countries, or regular payment methods are not possible, Neteller can help you solve your money transfer problems.
The following operations are available to users in their personal account:
- Payment for purchases and other payments. You can transfer money from a virtual account to more than 10 thousand online stores.
- Transfer of funds to other people, including abroad.
- Exchange operations.
- Online withdrawal of money to bank cards.
The most active owners of Neteller e-wallets are assigned a VIP status, but for this, transactions worth more than 10 thousand dollars per year are required. In turn, the premium status is divided into 5 levels – Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Each of them has increased limits on transactions within the system and money withdrawal.
Benefits of opening a virtual account in the Neteller system:
- High level of security in a European way. You can set up your own transaction confirmation code, set up two-factor authorization.
- There is an opportunity to receive additional income from the referral program. The wallet owner receives 20% of the profits from the actions of the invited users.
- A bonus program is provided that increases the limits on operations with a significant turnover on the account.
- Europeans can order their own Neteller card, which is often impossible in other foreign services.
The electronic wallet is accepted in many foreign Forex clubs, casinos, binary options, etc. It is for payment on such sites that Europeans most often open virtual accounts with Neteller.
How to register in the service
Work in a payment service begins with registration. Let’s take a closer look at how to create a user account:
- Discover the main page of the site and follow the link “Free registration”.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address. Please note that, as in other foreign services, personal data is entered in the Latin alphabet.
- Come up with a strong password for permanent login.
- Click “Register”. You don’t need to confirm your email or phone at this stage.
Neteller does not work in some countries like Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, North Korea, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, etc. Europa, fortunately, is not on this list, but the payment system will not be available for residents of Crimea.
Opening a virtual Neteller account and further use is free. However, you will have to pay $ 40 if there are no transactions for a year. You need to complete at least one operation during this period – replenishment, withdrawal or transfer. If there are less funds in the account, they will be debited in full. If the balance is zero, it will remain so, it will not go into negative territory.
User profile setup
To start using the e-wallet, you need to provide your personal information and configure your profile settings. Let’s see what the system requires:
- After registration, you need to set the currency of the e-wallet. The choice is quite large, in total there are 28 options, including €, dollars and euros. It is not possible to change the account currency within an open account, you will have to register again or reach the silver level in the VIP program.
- Additionally, upon entering you will be asked to indicate the country of residence. To do this, go to the section “Account replenishment” from the menu on the left.
- After specifying the currency and country, a more detailed questionnaire will appear for filling out. In it you need to write your date of birth, gender, residence address, mobile phone. Use only English letters.
You will then be given a 6-digit security ID. It is used to confirm ongoing transactions. Write it down and keep it in a safe place because you will no longer have access to it. It will only be possible to set a new value through the Neteller profile settings.
Neteller profile verification
You can use your e-wallet anonymously, but it’s better to go through verification. What it will give the user:
- Increasing the level of security, which is especially important if you operate with large amounts;
- Increasing the limits on operations in the service;
- Registration of a Neteller payment card;
- Reduced risk of blockage.
To pass identity verification, you must first top up your virtual account with any amount. Account confirmation is done as follows:
- In the menu on the left, select the “Settings” section, then “Account Verification”.
- If you have a Facebook profile, you can enter it to verify your information. If you are not registered with a social network, just skip this step.
- The next step is to attach identity documents to the system. To do this, you can use the Neteller mobile application or upload files directly to your personal account on the website. You will need to take a readable photo of your passport and attach your own photo. The user should have a piece of paper with the word Neteller and the current date written on it.
- Then a check will follow, the duration of which the payment system says nothing. But you can start the next verification step only after confirming your personal data.
- If you previously allowed to determine your location, you do not need to provide an address. However, you can share it through the browser at this stage as well. If for some reason you do not want to provide access to geolocation or if you have technical problems, you can attach documents that contain your address (utility bills, passport page with registration).
This completes the verification process. It remains only to wait for the change in the status of the account in the personal account, about which a separate letter will be sent to the e-mail. The account can be approved or unapproved.
An unconfirmed status is assigned to the user immediately after registration and allows you to pay for online orders or send funds to other people. The transaction limits are $ 500, $ 1,500 and $ 2,000 depending on the country. If there is an excess amount on your account, you will be required to urgently verify your account. Until that moment, the account will be blocked. The service is silent about the limits for verified accounts.
Neteller account funding
There are several ways to deposit money into your Neteller virtual account:
- From an electronic wallet Bitcoin. For the operation, you will have to pay a commission of 2.5% of the amount. Payment processing time is only 15 minutes.
- From debit or credit cards Visa, Visa Electron. Replenishment costs 2.5% of the amount, while there are restrictions on the amount and number of transactions. You also need to indicate where you plan to use the deposited funds – gambling or non-gambling.
- From a Skrill virtual account with 2.5% commission. Please note that certain amount limits apply. For example, you will not be able to deposit more than 10,833.33 €.
- From a mobile phone Tele2, Beeline, MTS, MegaFon with an additional fee of 2.5%. It is allowed to send only 5 thousand € at a time, no more than 40 625 € per month.
- From an electronic Yandex.Money account with a 2.5% commission. The limit for one operation is 15 thousand €. The transfer takes place instantly.
- International bank transfer. The transaction will cost 2.5%, but the execution time is 10 days.
Please note that Neteller does not work with Mastercard cards. To replenish your account and withdraw money, you will need plastic Visa. What are the differences between these two payment systems we wrote earlier inthis article .
Withdrawing money from an electronic account
- On account of payment for the Internet order. To do this, you need to specify the e-wallet number and confirmation code in the payment form. If the currency of the invoice and the purchase is different, a 3.99% conversion fee will be charged.
- To a bank account, including a card account. Withdrawal takes place in 3-5 working days with a commission of $ 10.5 plus conversion if available.
- Skrill wallet instantly and at no additional cost. You will have to pay a commission of 3.99% of the amount only in case of conversion if the currencies of the accounts are different.
- To a mobile wallet or phone number. However, this option for obtaining money is not available to Europeans.
- Other Neteller users are free and in real time.
There is another, more attractive way to withdraw funds from a virtual wallet – your own card issued in the service. We will analyze its conditions in detail in the next section.
The ability to issue payment cards for Europeans has not been available since 2016. However, in 2019, the production of plastic resumed. The card account is tied to the balance of the Neteller virtual wallet. You can use it to pay for goods in stores and withdraw cash from an ATM. Not only in Europa, but all over the world.
How much will the release of plastic cost a European? When ordering, you need to pay $ 13 for registration and delivery. Subsequently, when withdrawing money, you will have to pay 1.75% of the withdrawal amount and a conversion commission if necessary. The account is opened in dollars or euros, so it is better to use ATMs that work with these currencies to withdraw cash.
Payment for goods in the store occurs without commission if the currencies are the same. If not, the same conversion fee will arise. There are certain limits for transactions on the Neteller card:
- Cash withdrawals are only available up to $ 1,000 per day.
- Cash out is allowed up to 10 times a day.
- The daily limit for non-cash purchases is 50 transactions.
- On the Internet or in a store, you can spend up to 3 thousand dollars a day.
If you do not plan to withdraw cash from plastic and pay with it in a store, it is better to issue a virtual card. It is released free of charge and can only be used to pay online. It is allowed to spend up to $ 200 per day, and for the entire validity period $ 800. After that, you will have to reissue the card, which will cost you $ 13.
Neteller user reviews
If a Kiwi orYandex.Money is already familiar to European users, but they encounter foreign payment systems much less often. Neteller is mainly used by players, brokers and freelancers working with foreign partners. What do they say about e-wallet, is it really that good? Let’s see user reviews.
In the rating of payment systems, the service is far from being in the first place, and here’s why:
- Long and difficult profile verification. Administrators are very bureaucratic and will demand perfect document quality.
- High commissions for transactions.
- The withdrawal of money to the phone is not available.
- The site of the Neteller payment system often fails or is unavailable.
- Problems often arise when sending money to the cards of European banks.
- Blocking of accounts for unknown reasons. Moreover, the funds are not returned, the support service does not respond to requests.
Only 10% of users recommend the Neteller payment service. Of course, there are positive aspects to e-wallets. For example, account holders note the speed of money transfers and the safety of use. But for active use, you should pay attention to other, more reliable services –PayPal orPayeer .
If you liked our article, then share it on social networks and be sure to subscribe to blog updates so as not to miss a lot of interesting things!