Here is an overview of the Skrill payment system. Consider why this service is attractive? How to register an account and go through verification? We will discuss replenishment of the wallet, payment on the Internet, withdrawal of money and other functions. Let’s talk separately about how cryptocurrency trading is carried out in Skrill. And of course, about commissions and limits.
Skrill at a glance
- One of the undoubted advantages of Skrill is its prevalence. Countries in which Skrill does not provide its services can be counted on one hand.
- This system is the favorite of online gambling services and bookmaker companies. It is also widely used by sellers on eBay and other marketplaces. Skrill is loved by freelancers because it allows you to get paid from clients almost all over the world, and instantly.
- Skrill is known for its strict verification system, i.e. verification of the identity of customers. This security measure is essential to protect users from fraud. And, of course, to prevent money laundering.
- This wallet is also loved for its high limits on receiving payments. Not immediately, of course, but as additional verification passes and when you receive a VIP status , the limits go up almost indefinitely.
Skrill account registration
To increase the Skrill limit, you need to go through additional verification. This process is fast, literally about 5 minutes.
First of all, you need to fund your Skrill account. Verification will only be possible after that.
- Go to “Settings”, select the “Verification” section.
- Choose whether to verify your account using Facebook or the standard way. We will consider the second option.
- You can verify your identity by downloading the Skrill app or using your webcam. The first method is faster, and it is also suitable if you do not have a webcam. We’ll look at the second method.
- On the photo upload page, you need to specify the type of document to be uploaded and the issuing country. Clear color photographs or scans of such documents (one of them) will do:
Driver’s license on both sides.
Passport pages containing your photos.
Identity card on both sides.
- Use your webcam to take a picture of yourself like a passport (selfie).
- That’s it, now the confirmation of your identity will receive the status “Pending” . Wait for confirmation.
Proof of address
If possible, allow your browser to access your location. Skrill will check if it matches the address you registered.
If the geolocation address verification service is not available in your country, you can do it manually. To do this, you need to upload a document that contains your full name and address. It must be no older than 90 days. Usually they use utility bills or bank statements.
This is a summary page that shows you the steps you have taken. When your documents are approved, you will receive an e-mail about the completion of verification.
How to fund your Skrill account
An important difference between Skrill and Payoneer is that you can fund this wallet yourself. That is, you can receive money from other Skrill customers with a personal account, as well as from partner sites. But you can put money into your own account, if necessary.
There are several ways to fund Skrill Wallet yourself. You can find out which one is available in your country on the Commission page :
- Select your country and currency.
- The system will show you which regional as well as international payment methods are available to you.
For example, in Ukraine it will be:
- American Express.
And in Europa, replenishment is available:
- From a bank account.
- Boku Europa.
- American Express.
I would like to mention three more popular replenishment options that are not yet available in Ukraine and Europa, but available in Poland, Italy and other countries:
- Rapid Transfer . Convenient instant transfer using Internet banking.
- Paysafecard. A prepaid card is used, which you can buy in stores.
- Paysafecash. Cash top-up at designated payment points using the barcode generated by Paysafecash.
Withdrawing money from your Skrill wallet
If you need to withdraw money from your Skrill account , check the withdrawal methods available in your region on the Fees page . Select “Withdraw funds” from the left menu.
For example, in Ukraine, 2 methods are available:
- To a Visa or Mastercard.
In Europa, a little more:
- To a Visa or Mastercard.
- Transfer to a bank account.
In other countries, for example, Armenia, another option is available – withdrawal to a mobile wallet . It is always produced in local currency.
How can you use the Skrill wallet?
Online payment with Skrill
Using Skrill, you can pay for your purchases in online stores easily and securely. Thousands of sites accept this payment. How to do it:
- After choosing a product, click “Buy”.
- Select Skrill as your payment method.
- Log in to your Skrill account.
- If you have enough funds on your balance to pay, make a payment from it. If not, use another available method.
- Provide the required information.
- Click “Pay”.
- Enter the verification code you receive on your phone and your Skrill PIN.
Tip: For purchases in a currency other than your account currency, a 3.99% commission applies. Therefore, when deciding in what currency to open an account, think about how you will most often use it.
How to send money to another Skrill wallet
To send money to another Skrill user, it is enough to indicate his e-mail or phone number associated with the account. How to do it?
- Go to the “Send” section and click on “Skrill-Skrill”.
- Enter the e-mail or phone number of your recipient. Click “Continue”.
- Select the account from which you want to send the transfer, currency, enter the amount and click “Next”.
- A summary of your transfer will appear. Check it and click “Confirm”.
- Enter the verification code that you will receive on your phone, as well as your Skrill PIN. → “Confirm”.
Important: using the “Skrill-Skrill” option, you can send money not only to users of this service. If your recipient is not registered with Skrill, he will receive a notification about your transfer with an offer to open a Skrill account to receive it. This is given 14 days. If he does not do this, the transfer will be canceled and the money will be returned to your account. You can also cancel the unfinished Skrill-Skrill transfer yourself.
Transfer money to Neteller wallet
If you need to transfer money to your Neteller wallet, you can do so from your Neteller account.
- Log in to your Neteller account → Account funding.
- Indicate Skrill as a means of replenishment, enter the amount and click “Next”.
- Log into your Skrill account → Pay now.
What is Skrill Prepaid Mastercard
Unfortunately, Skrill is only available to residents of EEA member states. This is a prepaid card that can be used to pay online or in over 35 million stores. Or withdraw money from almost 2 million ATMs.
What is Skrill Virtual Prepaid Mastercard
Skrill Virtual Prepaid Mastercard® allows you to pay at online stores that accept Mastercard. It is impossible to pay for purchases in physical stores with a virtual card and withdraw money from it at an ATM.
How to order Skrill Virtual Prepaid Mastercard?
You can order a virtual card only if you have funds in your account.
1. Log into your account and click on the left “Skrill Card”.
2. Find “Skrill Virtual Cards” and click “Add Card”.
When your virtual card is created, you will see its 16-digit number, security code (CVV) and expiration date. You can enter these card details as you usually enter Mastercard details for online payments.
Advice: do not use the virtual card in situations where the merchant will subsequently need a plastic card for confirmation. For example, when booking a flight or a hotel room.
Our article contains general information. You can get the exact information in the Commission section . In the menu on the left, select the type of commission you need.
Account replenishment commission
The commission differs from country to country.
- For example, in Ukraine, Europa, Belarus, Kazakhstan, the commission for replenishment from a bank card or from a Neteller wallet is 2.5%.
- And in Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Estonia – by all available means 1%.
Again, it depends on the country. In Ukraine and Europa to Mastercard – 4.99%, Visa – 7.5%. In Europa, withdrawal to a bank account with a commission of 5.5% is available.
Fee for sending and receiving money
- Send to an international account – 0% commission.
- Receiving – 0%.
- Domestic transactions – 2% commission.
Cryptocurrency trading commission
- Transactions up to 19.99 EUR – 0.99 EUR.
- In the amount of 20 EUR-99.99 EUR – 1.99 EUR.
- Over 100 EUR – 1.50%.
Inactive account service fee
Opening an account is free, so is the use. But if the account hangs idle, you will have to pay 5 euros per month. To avoid this, simply log into your account or complete a transaction at least once a year.
Transaction limits and VIP status
Skrill’s policy regarding any transaction limits is as follows:
- The more reasons a company has to trust a client, the higher their limits.
- It also matters how actively you use your wallet.
Regarding the first point, Skrill encourages its users to go through full verification . This is also necessary so that VIP-clients can use the benefits of their status to the fullest. For example, this may imply that there are no limits as such.
On the second point: the more intensively you use your account, the faster you will get VIP status. And this assumes:
- Raising limits.
- Reduced commissions.
- Using a multicurrency account.
- Round-the-clock maintenance of those. support.
To become a VIP client, you need the amount of your transfers or the amount of cryptocurrency transactions to reach € 15,000 in 3 months. VIP status remains with you throughout the current and next quarters.
Selling and buying cryptocurrency
An important feature of Skrill is the ability to trade cryptocurrencies. If you see the “Cryptocurrency” section in your account, then this option is available for your country.
- You can trade cryptocurrency only if you have funds in your account.
- Some available cryptocurrencies (XTZ, DSH, KNC) can only be exchanged for Bitcoin.
- The graph shows the dynamics of the exchange rate during the specified interval, for example, hour, day, week, month or year. The interval is selected in the drop-down menu on the chart.
- You can exchange currencies by creating instant, conditional or recurring orders.
- Set up a notification that Skrill will send you when a certain exchange rate is reached.
- On the Markets tab, you will find a list of available cryptocurrencies, their exchange rate and daily rate dynamics.
- Create your own Watchlist. You will find this function in the Dashboard menu. Add the currencies you need there by clicking the star in the exchange rate graph in the “Trade” tab.
- In the “Dashboard” you can also work with notifications, conditional and regular orders and follow the “Recent transactions”.
- Exchange cryptocurrency using the “Trade” button.
- You can send your friends any cryptocurrency you have.
- At the moment, transferring cryptocurrency to stores or to a cryptocurrency trading platform is not possible.
- Cryptocurrency exchange is instant.
- When exchanging Bitcoin for another cryptocurrency, the commission is charged in Bitcoin.
The help page is designed to help you find the answer to your question in the extensive FAQ list. You can start writing your question in the search bar and select your answer from the dropdown list.
Or open the category you need and search for your question or something like that there.
The situation is much more complicated when you cannot find an answer to your question, and you need to contact support.
How can I contact support?
Please note that some of the tabs in the help section contain articles, at the end of which there is a link to feedback forms. There are especially many of them in the category “Security”.
- For example, we select “Disputed Transactions”.
- We open any article.
- At the end of the article, we find links to different ways of contacting those. support.
It is possible that you will first receive a response generated by the chatbot based on the category and topic of the problem you specified. If this answer is not enough for you, and you want a “live” operator to answer your question, at the end of the letter click “No, keep the case open”. In addition, you can reply to the email of those. support by clarifying why you are missing the answer you received.
- Ability to replenish the wallet for yourself.
- The prevalence of the system around the world.
- Wide range of functions, including cryptocurrency trading.
- High transaction limits subject to verification.
- Carrying out financial transactions using only the counterparty’s email address.
- High level of security.
- The site and application are easy to use.
- Informative help section.
- The fees are higher than, for example, Payoneer.
- The verification process is very meticulous.
- There is a commission for an inactive account.