Payment for the transfer using SOFORT
SOFORT is a convenient way to pay through your internet bank. Here’s some basic information on how it works.
- Payment via SOFORT is only available for selected banks in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Slovakia and Switzerland. If SOFORT does not work with your bank, we will inform you about this in the process of creating a transfer
- SOFORT safely withdraws money from your bank account to pay for your transfer
- To pay with SOFORT, you must have sufficient funds in your bank account
- The name on your bank account must match the name on your TransferWise profile. If the names do not match, then we will not be able to process your transfer. In this case, you will have to cancel the transfer and get a refund
How much does it cost?
You can find information on current pricing for each payment method on our pricing page .
How long will it take?
When paying using SOFORT, it takes up to 4 business days for funds to be credited to your TransferWise account. We always indicate the estimated timing of the receipt of funds into our system when you create a transfer. If your payment is not instantaneous, TransferWise will unfortunately not be able to interfere with the process and speed up its processing.
What is the largest amount I can send?
With SOFORT you can send up to 25,000 EUR within 24 hours. If you need to transfer a larger amount, you can send several transfers over a longer period or use another payment method, such as bank transfer.
How to pay for a transfer using SOFORT?
- Create a translation as you usually do
- Select SOFORT as a payment method at the stage of payment for the transfer
- You will be redirected to the SOFORT website, where you will need to enter your bank details and confirm the payment via a secure connection. Make sure you have enough money in your account before confirming the payment