The Neteller payment system promises instant money transfers, convenient online purchases and quick withdrawals. Is it really? How reliable is this e-wallet and what difficulties can users face?
Neteller payment system review
Neteller e-wallet is designed for money transfers over the Internet. The website of the payment system states that it can be used to quickly and securely make online payments around the world to anyone, anywhere. Namely:
- make purchases in online stores using a NET + card;
- send and receive money to friends and family abroad;
- withdraw funds received to a card and withdraw cash from an ATM;
- make payments on gaming sites;
- make money on Forex.
However, in fact, the service does not work in all countries. Along with Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea, the list of unserved countries includes:
- Cuba and many others.
The Neteller payment system works in Europa and Ukraine. However, users on the territory of the Crimean Peninsula are not served.
Recently, another restriction has appeared for the countries of the post-Soviet space and other territories. Now the Neteller payment system card is available only for the European economic zone. NET + is no longer distributed outside of it. Although it is still impossible to use it for shopping on the Internet. It is intended only for receiving cash from ATMs.
A quite reasonable question arises: what is the Neteller payment system for and how to use it in Europa? In the European, this wallet is opened mainly for such purposes as:
- earnings on the Internet on foreign books;
- transferring money to your Skrill account;
- Forex trading;
- buying and cryptocurrencies;
- online gambling or gambling.
And using the Neteller payment system in Europa for some other everyday household purposes is not very convenient.
Registering a wallet in the Neteller payment system
To open the Neteller electronic wallet, go to the payment system website at neteller.com . On the main page of the web resource, click on the button “Free registration”.
The account creation form will be loaded. Here they enter the following data:
- name and surname – in Latin;
- E-mail address;
- set the login password.
At least 8 characters must be selected as a password. They must contain uppercase and lowercase letters and at least one number.
After that, they click on the “Register now” button.
The account has been created, but you cannot use it until the account is verified. To do this, you must complete two points:
- Top up your account.
- And verify your identity.
To do this, go to the section “Account replenishment”.
Here you can choose your country of residence.
And then indicate the currency of the account. And click on the “Save” button.
Now a form will open where they leave their personal data:
- date of birth;
- residence address;
- Telephone number.
And click on the “Next” button.
After that, you need to replenish your account using one of the available methods for an amount from $ 5 to $ 100.
To verify your identity, choose one of the convenient methods:
- confirmation through your Facebook profile;
- downloading the Neteller application to your phone and installing geolocation;
- passport and any other document that contains the user’s address.
To confirm the address, we accept:
- photo of utility bill;
- bank statement scan;
- any correspondence from government agencies, for example, from the tax office.
Only after this verification procedure, all the main functions of the Neteller payment system wallet become available: withdrawing money, transferring to other users, working with cryptocurrency, receiving and exchanging bonuses.
Neteller payment system limits
There is a special scale in the Neteller payment system, according to which a certain level is assigned to each account:
- regular account;
- VIP Bronze;
- VIP Silver;
- VIP Gold;
- VIP Platinum;
- VIP Diamond.
After successful verification, the user is assigned a regular account level. It differs in the following restrictions:
- he does not receive bonus points for every dollar spent;
- the lowest maximum limit on the daily withdrawal of money to the card from the Neteller payment system is supposed – $ 1000;
- the minimum level for cashing out is $ 20;
- for a transfer to a bank account, you must pay an additional $ 10;
- commission for internal transfer to another user’s wallet is 1.45%, but not less than $ 0.50;
- for currency conversion, 3.99% of the exchange amount is charged.
To increase the ATM withdrawal limits to $ 3300, you must reach the VIP Silver level. For those who have switched to VIP Gold service, money transfer to a bank account is free of charge.
How to replenish an account in the Neteller payment system
You can transfer money to your Neteller wallet in dozens of different ways. The payment system accepts:
- virtual and plastic payment cards;
- bank transfers;
- mobile payments;
- Bitcoin cryptocurrency;
- payment through other payment systems, including QIWI and Yandex.Money.
You can replenish your account in the Neteller payment system from your mobile phone balance if you use the number of one of the European operators:
- TELE 2;
Whichever method you choose, the commission for any of them will be the same – 2.5%.
Ways to withdraw money from the Neteller electronic wallet
As for withdrawing money from the Neteller payment system, there are not so many options here as for replenishment. To cash out funds, you can use:
- Bank transaction;
- Withdrawing funds to a NET + card.
- paying for goods on sites that accept Neteller;
- transferring money to the wallet of another user who is ready to pay in cash.
The best way to withdraw funds for Europa will be a bank transfer. However, for this you have to contact the intermediary of the Skrill payment system. You need to fund this wallet from your Neteller account. And then make a transaction from your Skrill account to your bank account.
Neteller payment system and user reviews
On Runet, the Neteller e-wallet has not yet received the most flattering reviews. Let’s list the main problems that users from Europa complain about:
- The first difficulty that European users face is the complex verification process. You have to wait weeks for confirmation of documents.
- The second unpleasant moment is that it is impossible to withdraw money directly to a regular bank or virtual payment card. The transfer is made only to a bank account.
- The third obstacle to getting your money is that it is forbidden to make transfers to a dollar account. Therefore, you have to make an exchange and pay an additional commission for the conversion.
High commissions for all monetary transactions – from transfers within the payment system to withdrawal of money – also cause criticism.
But this does not mean that the Neteller payment system has earned only negative reviews. Some users are quite satisfied with the service, as it helps them earn money on foreign sites. However, this is where the obvious advantages of the service in comparison with other similar ones, judging by the responses of the owners of electronic wallets, end. Therefore, it is not as popular on Runet as among European users.