Baccarat gold – this version of the game is best suited for beginners, as it implements simplified game rules, as well as reduces the casino advantage. Baccarat gold is not found in all online casinos, the game still uses eight decks of fifty-two cards and a standard baccarat table. In baccarat gold, you need to guess who will win the dealer or the player, or bet on a draw. Combinations of cards in baccarat gold do not differ from the generally accepted values of cards in this game.
The same three types of bets apply in baccarat gold:
- Per player (Punto) – a bet that the player will win. The payout is 1:1
- On the dealer (banko) – a bet that the dealer will win. 19:20 payout (same as 1: 1 with 5% Commission deduction%)
- Draw – a bet that the dealer’s card and the player’s card will have an equal number of points. The payout is 9:1
In General, the gameplay follows the same rules as in the classic version. The differences relate to the rules for purchasing cards. If a player bets on a Punto, they can choose whether or not to take a five-point card.
If the player buys the third card, the banker does the same according to the following rules:
- The banker has up to three points inclusive – always draws a card.
- The banker has four or five points-takes a card, if only the third card of the player is from three to seven inclusive.
- The banker has six or seven points – never takes a card.
Odds and game strategy
If you choose to buy a card with five points from a player, the casino’s advantage will be as follows: 1.15% for Punto or Banco, 4.9% for a draw.
If you choose not to buy a card with five points, the casino’s advantage will be as follows: 1.38% for Punto, 0.91% for Banco, 7.5% for a draw. Therefore, it is best to bet on the banker if you play without buying cards on five points. If you bet on the player, then you need to choose the rule of finishing the card on five points.